Colonic Hydrotherapy can assist with constipation, abdominal pain and discomfort, irritable bowel syndrome, bloating, acne and skin conditions, headaches, low energy, weight problems, allergies, PMS, bad breath, infertility and stress, arthritis, psoriasis, candidiasis, diverticulitis, colitis, Crohn’s disease and even people with cancer will benefit as well as many other conditions.
1. How long will a Colon Hydrotherapy session take?
About 40 mins, however, if it is your first appointment, we allow anywhere from one to one and a half hours to talk and assess the condition of your health.
2. Why should I have an Infrared Sauna?
This takes toxins out through your sweat glands which will assist in cleansing your body.
3. Will I need to rest after my colonic?
Very rarely. Having a colonic is just like having two or three bowel motions in one 40 minute session.
4. Will I need to keep rushing to a toilet afterwards
In the experience of Lockyer Valley Colonics, this has not happened. As colon hydrotheraphy stimulates the colon and encourages defecaton, it will happen usually during the colonic session, not after.
5. Do I need to fast before my colonic?
No! The therapist can assess the condition of the colon more accurately if you present yourself under what are your normal dietary conditions.
6. Will a colonic deplete the electrolytes in my colon?
In 1990, a study reported in the Journal of Natural Medicine, entitled “Effects of Colon Hydrotherapy on Serum Electrolytes”, showed that no patient experienced any clinically significant symptoms or disturbances.
7. Will the intestinal beneficial flora be disturbed by colon therapy?
As having a colonic is like having two or three bowel movements in a 40 minute period, the flora will not be disturbed anymore that having several normal bowel motions.
8. Will there be a therapist in the room with me when I have my colonic?
Yes! A therapist will be with you at all times.
9. Is Colon Therapy painful?
Some people experience a little discomfort on occasions, due to gas.
10. How many colonics will I need?
Generally it depends on the condition of your colon and overall health. From our experience, we suggest four to six colonics initially. However this can vary after discussing your condition and needs at the time.
Copied with permission from Australian Institute of Health.